Breakfast is a Vital part of our day, having a balanced breakfast keeps you energetic and helps you get through your day having accomplished a lot more, here in this blog and a few more to follow we are going to table a series of breakfast quickies, so what are you waiting for lets have a Mexican Breakfast, here we present to you a very classic Mexican dish that can be had any time of the day not just breakfast and if you love eggs you can have it all day, so Salud! ENJOY!
- 6 tbsp olive oil1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 dried chillies, finely chopped
- 1 scant tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g (14.1oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g (10.6oz) cooked waxy potatoes, cut into 2cm (3/4in) dice
- 200 g (7.1oz) spicy chorizo, cut into 2cm (3/4in) dice
- 4 eggs2
- tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a small, heavy saucepan. Add the onion and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, chillies, and paprika, and fry gently for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, and parsley, and bring to the boil.
- Season, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.When the salsa has reduced to a thick, dark sauce, remove from the heat and mash it with a potato masher.
- Set aside.
- In a large, heavy frying pan, heat the remaining oil.
- Fry the potatoes for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for 5 minutes more, until everything is well browned.
- Take the pan from the heat and stir in the tomato salsa.
- Make 4 large holes in the mixture and crack the eggs into the holes.
- Return the pan to the heat and fry the eggs for 5 minutes, or until cooked as you prefer.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve from the pan, with tortillas or crusty bread on the side.