🎁 Jell-O cups are a year-round favourite but work so well during Christmas festivities. Also, for all of you who love rainbows, this is one beautiful treat that ticks all the right boxes.
We used six different colours to represent the six days of Christmas and Family we have celebrated thus far. Jell-o represents the innocence of childhood, and this is what makes the brand popular. Since Jell-o isn’t easy to find in every country, you can use any another jelly brand without a problem.
We had a lot of fun making this, but, did make some mistakes. Luckily, we had only used a little of the Jell-o to make one cup, so we used the remaining jelly mix to make the rest of our cups of Christmas Jell-o. What we realised is that we hadn’t waited long enough for each layer to set. So initially to make this you need to have all of your jelly mix ready and pour however much of coloured jelly you need and then pour the white gelatine on top. Make sure each layer has set before pouring another layer on top. You can use Christmas colours only or use any other range of colours depending on the occasion.
👉 Christmas Jell-o Cups
- 1 small box of each colour Jell-o – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- Flavours used here: cherry, orange, island pineapple, lime, berry blue, and grape
- 367 gm can sweetened condensed milkt
- It’s easiest to place the cups onto a baking pan, so make room for that
- Add plain gelatine and 1/2 cup of cold water to a bowl to bloom
- Let set for 5 minutes
- Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and mix well until dissolved completely
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and mix well
- Set aside to cool and start to make your first colour
- Mix grape Jell-o with 1 cup of boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes
- Pour a small amount into your cups. Refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Pour a small amount of white gelatine onto the purple and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- While that layer sets, make your second colour. Let it set properly before you add the next layer, a smudged layer mixes and looks poor. Patience pays off
- Repeat the layering process until you reach the last red colour.
- Once the final layer is poured, refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving
- Any flavour of Jell-o can be used, follow instructions on the packaging
- You need to add the condensed milk to make the white layer
- Don’t pour all of the mix at once pour enough so that the cup will be filled
- You can decide the order of the colours, we followed the colours of our hearts